Approbo Technologies is a consulting and business acquisition partner. We are always looking for great web properties to purchase.
We are also available for web purchase consulting. Are you purchasing a web property and overwhelmed with items such as Due Diligence? We can help.
What things does Approbo look for in a business?
- Must not be a fad based business – demand would continue for the foreseeable future
- Business must have room for growth – Niche based businesses are great, but the niche should have room for expansion
- Must have a competitive advantage or unique selling point – If it’s difficult to enter or there is some business protection
- The product or service must have a high gross margin – This varies of course
- It must be profitable or break-even – We are not interested in businesses that are losing money
- Business should have some sort of built-in demand or a real “need” for the product or service
- The business’ products/services must not compete solely on price
- Database of past customers and purchase history preferable
- Domain name must be easy on the eyes (this is very subjective, so let’s talk first) and not include a trademark (unless you have written approval from the owner)
Typically we are not interested in:
- Amazon FBA businesses that sell the same products as others. Exceptions are if there is a unique branded product that is hard to duplicate
- Strictly IOS and Android applications – there must always be a web component to the business
- Anything tied to a specific location (warehouses are OK if they can be easily re-located or operated remotely)
- Baby, Female only, or Beauty/Hair
- Completely outside the US businesses